Read this in-depth WordPress Bluehost review and make your decision wisely
WordPress BluehostAre you facing the dilemma of whether it would be a wise decision to sign-up with Bluehost or not? Well, going through this article will certainly make your decision-making procedure simpler and easier. In today’s market, you may find a chunk of web hosting service providers who will allure you with a plethora of promises. But among all the web hosting providers, I always recommend WordPress Bluehost because of certain reasons. Before entering that, let’s take a look at the overview of the Bluehost company.
WordPress Bluehost overview
Blue is an eminent web hosting company which was founded by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth in Provo, Utah. Though it was established in 1996, it started its full-fledged operation from 2003. Bluehost become popular due to its affordable plans. They offer various hosting packages along with content management system support. In 2010, Endurance International Group purchased Bluehost. Though Bluehost is administered by Endurance International Group, still, they operate their business independently. If you purchased a service from Bluehost, you will certainly get something unique from that company.
Now, I am going to share some pros of Bluehost which I liked very much.
Pros of Bluehost
1.Best uptime (99.99 % throughout the year): If your host can’t keep your website online, then it is completely useless. And my benchmark for good uptime is 99.94%. Bluehost refurbished their servers a few years ago and one of the remarkable results from their servers is their improved uptime. The uptime for Bluehost is greater than 99.99 %. Here is the uptime for every month, with a scheduled maintenance period in October:
- March 2019 average uptime: 99.99%
- February 2019 average uptime: 100%
- January 2019 average uptime: 99.96%
- December 2018 average uptime: 100%
- November 2018 average uptime: 100%
- October 2018 average uptime: 99.91% (scheduled maintenance)
- September 2018 average uptime: 100%
- August 2018 average uptime: 100%
- July 2018 average uptime: 100%
- June 2018 average uptime: 100%
- May 2018 average uptime: 99.99%
- April 2018 average uptime: 100%
- March 2018 average uptime: 100%
- February 2018 average uptime: 100%
- January 2018 average uptime: 99.99%
- December 2017 average uptime: 100%
From December 2017 to March 2019, you can see only two times their uptime was less than 99.99%.
2. Faster Page Load: Google has published a report last year and according to them, most of the mobile websites are very slow. So along with uptime, your host’s page loading times matters if you want to make your website successful. Bluehost’s page loading time was abysmal in 2016. But in 2019, Bluehost made a phenomenal improvement in its page loading time. These days, Bluehost has an average page load time of 406ms. Take a look at Bluehost’s average speed from December 2017 to March 2019.
3. Low introductory packages: Many people avoided Bluehost a couple of years ago due to its expensive package plans. But, again 2019, Bluehost impressed me with its revised plan. Now, its introductory plan starts from $2.95 per month. This plan includes 50 GB SSD storage, unmetered bandwidth, a free SSL certificate, and many more. There are also some Plus and Choice Plus plans which you can use as per your requirement.
4. A chunk of free security features: These days, the markets are crammed with the news of cyberattacks and data breaches. So, you need to protect your site from all these malicious things. Bluehost embraces its users with an array of security features. There are a plethora of tools that are designed specially to address all attacks and threats.
- Spam Experts, Spam Hammer, and Spam Assassin help you to fight against spam.
- Cloudflare saves you from a directed denial of service attack.
- SiteLock prevents malware attacks
- CodeGuard offers daily backups for your site
- Postini provides spam protection from your email
5. Recommended by WordPress: WordPress is one of the most applauded and popular website platforms. WordPress recommends three hosting partners and Bluehost is one of them.
6. Easy to use: Bluehost is ideal for beginners and that’s why I always prefer it. There are many web hosts (like LiquidWeb) which are only for advanced users. But Bluehost is ideal for novice users. Though it uses cPanel, still, you can use it easily. Bluehost also has many features for advanced or professional users. But beginners can use the Bluehost website builder site to start with a template and then, they can customize it as per their needs.
7. Flexible refund policy: Bluehost welcomes its users with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied and cancel your plan within 30 days, you will get a refund. You will get refunds only on web-hosting costs.
8. Customer support: Bluehost provides outstanding customer support via chat, email, and even the phone. Though there were slight delays, still, they are quite friendly and provide good customer service.
Now, I am going to share some cons of Bluehost that you should consider before making your decision.
Cons of Bluehost
1.Customer service: Bluehost’s customer service has got mixed reviews from the users. Though some customers receive outstanding assistance and support from the company, some faced issues regarding this. Bluehost encourages its customers to connect them over the phone and this is the main problem. Sometimes, customers need to call repeatedly to get an answer from the company. So, when you compared customer service of Bluehost with the other web hosting companies, Bluehost certainly needs improvement in this division.
2. Need to pay for site migration: I reviewed many web hosting service providers and I found that with most of them, you can happily move your site from its current location to their server. But the scenario is completely different for Bluehost. Bluehost usually charges $150 for its service which most of the service providers do free. Moreover, Bluehost only transfers 5 sites (maximum) and 20 email accounts.
3. Bluehost pricing: Bluehost price plan is complicated and it offers 5 different plans to the customers.
- Shared hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- WordPress hosting
- VPS hosting
- Cloud sites
Shared hosting: Most people preferred and go for shared hosting. The plans are
- Basic ($2.95 per month)
- Plus ($ 10.99 per month)
- Choice Plus ($23.99 per month)
VPS hosting: It gives you more security and resources.
- Standard package ($18.99 per month)
- Enhanced package ($29.99 per month)
- Ultimate package ($59.99 per month)
Dedicated hosting: This type of hosting is ideal for big businesses.
- Standard package ($79.99 per month)
- Enhanced package ($99.99 per month)
- Premium package ($119 per month)
WordPress hosting: This is ideal for WordPress blogs.
- The basic package ($ 2.95 per month)
- Plus plan ($ 5.45 per month)
- Choice Plus package ($5.45 per month)
Conclusion or Final verdict
Do I recommend Bluehost? Yes, of course.
Bluehost is one of the oldest web hosting service providers and they have plenty of experiences in this field. Bluehost holds an extraordinary portfolio and its reputation is also good in the market. Bluehost is ideal for those who have just started their ventures. Though Bluehost offers cheaper pricing as compared to other web hosting service providers, still, they never compromise with the quality of the service. Bluehost has a chunk of online resources that make the setup process easier for the users.
Bluehost offers many exciting features and extras to the clients irrespective of their pricing. Moreover, Bluehost comes with diverse packages which means you are free to choose the most suitable package as per your needs and budget.
It would be great if they improve their customer service a little bit and offer free site migration to the users. It is true that Bluehost is not absolutely perfect like any other things, still, I prefer and recommend this web hosting service provider.
Overall, Bluehost offers great performance with strong value. In my opinion, Bluehost offers an excellent hosting service which will appeal to a wide range of individuals as well as businesses.
Click Here to Get the Best offer For you, Disclaimer this is my affiliate link and when you purchase through my link I will get a small commission form that.